Pastor Jason recently announced that he has accepted a call to pastor a church in Ridgefield, Washington. While we are happy for Pastor and his family, we will miss Pastor Jason, Erica, Olivia and Easton. Pastor Jason’s last Sunday at New Vision will be this Sunday, July 3. Please join us that day as we have a “Celebration Send Off” Potluck for Pastor Jason.
The Church Board will be meeting with our District Superintendent, Rev. Jeren Rowell, as we begin the process of searching for a new pastor.
Summer 2016 Menu
Below you will find our current menu of groups. You can register for a group by its menu number (1,2,3, etc.) and turning in a completed Connection Card during a Sunday service. The leader for the group you select will then contact you with information on the location, times and necessary study guides. If you cannot make it to a Sunday service but want to register for a group, send a quick email and let us know which group you are interested in. Be sure to include your contact information.
1. Young Adults Group: Discipled by Jesus – An experiential focus on the awareness of the presence of Jesus in our daily lives.
Sundays, 7:00 – 8:15 PM, April 17 through June 10
2. Walk With Me–– The aim of this study is to increase Christ-honoring conversation, commitment and accountability to encourage modest progress in becoming more like Christ.
Sundays 6:00 – 7:30 PM, May 1 through July 25
3. Men’s Group: Nehemiah —A study of the Book of Nehemiah
Mondays 7:00 – 8:00 PM, June 6 through August 1
4. A Hole in the Gospel — Is our faith only about going to church, studying the Bible, and avoiding the most serious sins – or does God expect more? Have we embraced the whole gospel or a gospel with a hole in it? Fifteen years ago Rich Stearns came face-to- face with that question as he sat in a mud hut in Rakai, Uganda. Stearns’s compelling story demon- strates that the whole gospel was always meant to be a world-changing, social revolution, a revolution that begins with each one of us.
Thursdays 6:30 – 8:15 PM, May 5 through June 9
5. Trust – Who do you trust the most? Do you trust yourself–your wisdom, your skills, your money or God the most? Join us to unpack what the New Testament says about trust. In our postmodern world, people do not just easily accept our system of beliefs and become a believer in Christ, so we won’t learn a 7 steps to salvation plan, but a method of guiding them to discover the truths of God’s Word for themselves whether they are a believer, nonbeliever or a person of another religion. Most importantly, we will learn to disciple like Jesus discipled.
Tuesdays, 7:00 PM, May 5 through June 28
Are you living your maximum potential?
In the Biblical story of Nehemiah, we discover the secrets of personal success from one of the greatest leaders in the Bible. Nehemiah saw a problem, and with great faith, passion and determination, brought his people together to build a great future. In this teaching series, you will discover the habits and attitudes necessary to lead yourself and others to success! We invite you to Aim Higher!
Click Podcasts to listen to this series or other podcasts.