Summer 2016 Menu
Below you will find our current menu of groups. You can register for a group by its menu number (1,2,3, etc.) and turning in a completed Connection Card during a Sunday service. The leader for the group you select will then contact you with information on the location, times and necessary study guides. If you cannot make it to a Sunday service but want to register for a group, send a quick email and let us know which group you are interested in. Be sure to include your contact information.
1. Young Adults Group: Discipled by Jesus – An experiential focus on the awareness of the presence of Jesus in our daily lives.
Sundays, 7:00 – 8:15 PM, April 17 through June 10
Leader: Jeremiah Reynolds
Location: Jeremiah & Alyssa’s home
2. Walk With Me–– The aim of this study is to increase Christ-honoring conversation, commitment and accountability to encourage modest progress in becoming more like Christ.
Sundays 6:00 – 7:30 PM, May 1 through July 25
Leader: Rick Robson
Location: New Vision Church
3. Men’s Group: Nehemiah —A study of the Book of Nehemiah
Mondays 7:00 – 8:00 PM, June 6 through August 1
Leader: Alex Oliver
Location: Larry Stock’s home
4. A Hole in the Gospel — Is our faith only about going to church, studying the Bible, and avoiding the most serious sins – or does God expect more? Have we embraced the whole gospel or a gospel with a hole in it? Fifteen years ago Rich Stearns came face-to- face with that question as he sat in a mud hut in Rakai, Uganda. Stearns’s compelling story demon- strates that the whole gospel was always meant to be a world-changing, social revolution, a revolution that begins with each one of us.
Thursdays 6:30 – 8:15 PM, May 5 through June 9
Leader: Goldie Guyer
Location: Goldie’s Home
5. Trust – Who do you trust the most? Do you trust yourself–your wisdom, your skills, your money or God the most? Join us to unpack what the New Testament says about trust. In our postmodern world, people do not just easily accept our system of beliefs and become a believer in Christ, so we won’t learn a 7 steps to salvation plan, but a method of guiding them to discover the truths of God’s Word for themselves whether they are a believer, nonbeliever or a person of another religion. Most importantly, we will learn to disciple like Jesus discipled.
Tuesdays, 7:00 PM, May 5 through June 28
Leader: Martha Martin