Attention all 5th & 6th Graders- Have you had a chance to visit Sky Zone yet? It is a huge indoor trampoline park. We are going there on Sept. 23rd. This would be an exciting event to bring your friends. We will leave New Vision Church at 6pm and return at 8:30pm. The cost includes an hour of jumping with socks. If you have any questions you can contact Pastor Catie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-266-3354.
For your child to attend this event we need to know by September 16th and you need to fill out a waiver.
Fall 2016 Menu
Below you will find our current menu of groups. You can register for a group by its menu number (1,2,3, etc.) and turning in a completed Connection Card during a Sunday service. The leader for the group you select will then contact you with information on the location, times and necessary study guides. If you cannot make it to a Sunday service but want to register for a group, send a quick email and let us know which group you are interested in. Be sure to include your contact information.
Level 1—One hour or less preparation needed:
1. Young Adults Group—Discipled by Jesus: This group is target toward people between 18 and the mid-thirties and will be learning to listen to Jesus as an active part of our life.
Sundays 7:00 to 8:30 PM September 11 through November 13
2. Men’s Group—Straight Talk to Men: God’s job description for men! A deeper understanding of God’s perspective on manhood will help you provide stability and leadership in your home—and ultimately enjoy the benefits of a family that pleases God. Childcare not provided.
Mondays 6:30 to 8:00 PM September 12 through October 17
3. Young Women’s Group— #Struggles: Following Jesus in a selfie-centered world!
Wednesdays 6:00 to 7:00PM September 14 through October 26
4. Adult Group—Becoming a Contagious Christian: Evangelism doesn’t have to be frustrating or intimidating—effectively communicating our faith in Christ should be the most natural thing in the world. Come discover your own natural evangelism style and how to share biblical truths in everyday language.
Wednesdays 7:00 to 8:00 PM September 14 through November 2
5. Adult Group—Obey: Are you me-centered or God-centered? Become God-centered through discovering the truths in God’s word and following them. Are you ready to obey? Join us for a simple format that makes it easy to share with and learn from others.
Thursdays 6:30 to 8:00 PM September 15 through November 3
6. Women’s Group—Genesis-Beginnings: An overview of the first book of the Bible, Genesis; the 4 events that defined our world, and the 4 fathers of our people.
Thursdays 7:00 to 8:15 PM September 15 through December 8
Tuesdays 7:00 to 8:30 PM September 13 through November 1
Level 3—Daily preparation needed:
FREE FUN FOR THE NEIGHBORHOOD!
The whole neighborhood is invited to spend a couple of hours with us as we enjoy one more big event before school starts. Food, fun and games for the whole family. And back-to-school haircuts for the kids. And the best news of all, it’s ALL FREE. See you then!
August 21, 2016 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm at New Vision Church of the Nazarene, 100 S Sunrise Dr, Raymore, MO 64083
GET READY FOR A DEEP SEA ADVENTURE!
Prepare to embark on an adventure like no other, scouring the mysterious fathoms of the deep sea. Thrilling discoveries await just beyond the portholes of your submarine. Things look very different once you get below the surface!
Expeditions begin July 18-22 9AM – NOON.
Each day kids will explore the ocean depths by creating awesome crafts,
playing fun games, singing cool songs, enjoying tasty snacks and diving deep into God’s word. Together we’ll discover how Jesus sees us for who we are deep down, not just who we appear to be on the surface
We’re recruiting divers ages 4 years through 6th grade.
On Sunday, July 3rd, we are having one special, combined worship service at 11 a.m. Immediately following we are having a potluck to celebrate Pastor Jason’s service to our church and community on his last Sunday at New Vision.
On July 3rd, Pastor Jason shares his final word of encouragement at New Vision Church. In his message, Why The Church?, he will explore questions such as:Is church still relevant? With so many online options, is church even needed? With so many scandals involving religious leaders, is church still helpful? Guided by the story of the followers of Jesus and their experiences after he ascended to heaven, you will be challenged to consider that church is indeed still relevant and helpful for your own spiritual growth as well as that of your family and the world.
Click Podcasts to listen to this series or other podcasts.
Pastor Jason recently announced that he has accepted a call to pastor a church in Ridgefield, Washington. While we are happy for Pastor and his family, we will miss Pastor Jason, Erica, Olivia and Easton. Pastor Jason’s last Sunday at New Vision will be this Sunday, July 3. Please join us that day as we have a “Celebration Send Off” Potluck for Pastor Jason.
The Church Board will be meeting with our District Superintendent, Rev. Jeren Rowell, as we begin the process of searching for a new pastor.