Join us here at New Vision, Saturday October 29, at 6pm as we share in the excitement of our Fall Fest! It will be a night of fun, food, and games for all ages. This year we are also having a pie baking contest. If you would like to participate in the baking contest, please contact Alyssa Reynolds or the church office (816) 348-0303.
In Kid’s Church, starting October 2nd, Pastor Catie will be leading the children in a learning series, Fear, Inc., about taking their first steps in courage. Here’s what the kids will be learning this month-
This week we will learn that you can do what you should even when you don’t know what will happen next. Most of the time our fear comes from assuming something about the future that may or may not happen. Courage doesn’t mean our fear is gone. Rather, courage is choosing to act even though we are afraid.
This week we will learn that you can do what you should even when you don’t feel ready. We all face times when we feel like we’re supposed to do something, but fear that we won’t have what it takes to get it done. We can have courage to follow through knowing that God can give us what we need to get the job done.
This week we will learn that you can do what you should even when things seem impossible. We may not face the Red Sea or an army of angry Egyptians, but we will face moments where what we need to do will feel impossible to us. When that happens, we can remember that we can trust God no matter what.
This week we will learn that you can do what you should even when others are afraid. We will face times when the people around us are scared or making unwise choices. When that happens, we should trust God. He can give us the courage we need to do what we should and be an example that points others to Him.
This week we will learn that you can do what you should because God is with you. Even when what we’re asked to do doesn’t make sense, we can have courage to do it knowing that God is helping us. We should remember that God is near and He is for us. We can trust God no matter what and have courage to do what we should.
The men are having a campout at Lake Jacomo campgrounds Friday, September 30th and October 1st. Cost is $10 per person for the campground plus helping by bringing and cooking some of the food. We will spend some time on studying God’s word and spiritual deepening in addition to enjoying each others company, the great outdoors, and of course good food. All men are invited. We’ll be back in time for church on Sunday. For more info see Alex Oliver or Larry Stock.
When it comes to prayer, have you ever wondered, “Will it work for me?” or “Can I do it?” In this teaching series, Pastor Kens starts with these questions and then goes much deeper. If you want to draw closer to God and positively impact your own life and those around you through prayer, this series is for you. Learn to listen for God, let him teach you and expect great things.
Click Podcasts to listen to this series or other podcasts.
Attention all 5th & 6th Graders- Have you had a chance to visit Sky Zone yet? It is a huge indoor trampoline park. We are going there on Sept. 23rd. This would be an exciting event to bring your friends. We will leave New Vision Church at 6pm and return at 8:30pm. The cost includes an hour of jumping with socks. If you have any questions you can contact Pastor Catie at email@example.com or 816-266-3354.
For your child to attend this event we need to know by September 16th and you need to fill out a waiver.
Fall 2016 Menu
Below you will find our current menu of groups. You can register for a group by its menu number (1,2,3, etc.) and turning in a completed Connection Card during a Sunday service. The leader for the group you select will then contact you with information on the location, times and necessary study guides. If you cannot make it to a Sunday service but want to register for a group, send a quick email and let us know which group you are interested in. Be sure to include your contact information.
Level 1—One hour or less preparation needed:
1. Young Adults Group—Discipled by Jesus: This group is target toward people between 18 and the mid-thirties and will be learning to listen to Jesus as an active part of our life.
Sundays 7:00 to 8:30 PM September 11 through November 13
2. Men’s Group—Straight Talk to Men: God’s job description for men! A deeper understanding of God’s perspective on manhood will help you provide stability and leadership in your home—and ultimately enjoy the benefits of a family that pleases God. Childcare not provided.
Mondays 6:30 to 8:00 PM September 12 through October 17
3. Young Women’s Group— #Struggles: Following Jesus in a selfie-centered world!
Wednesdays 6:00 to 7:00PM September 14 through October 26
4. Adult Group—Becoming a Contagious Christian: Evangelism doesn’t have to be frustrating or intimidating—effectively communicating our faith in Christ should be the most natural thing in the world. Come discover your own natural evangelism style and how to share biblical truths in everyday language.
Wednesdays 7:00 to 8:00 PM September 14 through November 2
5. Adult Group—Obey: Are you me-centered or God-centered? Become God-centered through discovering the truths in God’s word and following them. Are you ready to obey? Join us for a simple format that makes it easy to share with and learn from others.
Thursdays 6:30 to 8:00 PM September 15 through November 3
6. Women’s Group—Genesis-Beginnings: An overview of the first book of the Bible, Genesis; the 4 events that defined our world, and the 4 fathers of our people.
Thursdays 7:00 to 8:15 PM September 15 through December 8
Tuesdays 7:00 to 8:30 PM September 13 through November 1
Level 3—Daily preparation needed:
FREE FUN FOR THE NEIGHBORHOOD!
The whole neighborhood is invited to spend a couple of hours with us as we enjoy one more big event before school starts. Food, fun and games for the whole family. And back-to-school haircuts for the kids. And the best news of all, it’s ALL FREE. See you then!
August 21, 2016 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm at New Vision Church of the Nazarene, 100 S Sunrise Dr, Raymore, MO 64083